Thursday, May 10, 2012

I have been quite a crybaby lately..

This evening, I suddenly started tearing in the middle of dinner and got my family very worried. My mum thought that my sis had said something mean to me, which made me cry. But I started tearing uncontrollably after sis' narration of a "bullying" episode in sch - it's her bday today and some ex-students (now in Sec 1) decided to visit her and got her a cake. Somehow many colleagues in the staffroom got to know about this (cos the students created a mini commotion) and they were not very nice about it. One even sarcastically commented, "Is this for Mother's Day"? My sis took all this immature and mean behaviour in her stride and tried to share the cake with others; but seemed like many of them remained jealous and pricky. I felt so unjust and terrible for my sis - to have such a nasty episode happen on her birthday and almost no one come to her defence.. It must have been so upsetting. And I didn't even buy her a proper bday present due to silly excuses like busyness with work.

I hope that much better things will happen to dear sis cos she deserves much better!

2 comments:

YJ said...

My dear, it's just jealousy and insecurity on other people's part. Your sis did the right thing by shrugging it off. Cheer up! :)

Mints. said...

I know, she did the right thing! I think the emotional part came when I tried to imagine the situation of being bullied on my birthday!