Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Home-baking has suddenly turned into my new full-time job... and working on personal projects can be extremely time-consuming, though pretty fulfilling :)

Today I tried baking level cake layers (no muffin top cakes) for the carrot cake I'd be baking on Sun - and succeeded! Yay. Two out of the three layers wld be brought to a cake decorating/icing course I'd be taking over the next 2 days while the remaining layer was self-decorated with cream cheese frosting from another recipe.

Was inspired by various sources and the availability of this cute little herb in my fridge to come up with this look - a minimalist chic kinda decor heh. Practice really helps 'cos this turned out looking better than the very DIY design D got for his birthday carrot cake two weeks ago heh.



Hopefully my cake decorating powers doubles after my 2-day course. Excited! ;P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks divine! What is your secret to level cakes???

Mints. said...

Thanks! I googled and watched an online video and followed her instructions ;) http://www.monkeysee.com/play/983-cake-decorating-three-ways-to-get-a-level-cake

I also blogged about the same video above at my new food blog, in the post about carrot cakes :)
http://mintsandhoney.blogspot.sg/2012/11/a-carrot-cake-marathon.html

You make really pretty cakes/ fondant cakes! Do you just experiment at home on your own; or you had some formal training?