Saturday, November 10, 2012

Rosette cake from cake decor class! 




I fell in love with the rosette cake and wanted to make one myself - so I showed my teacher the photo and asked her to teach me how to make it! I had some mini boos boos (which I patched up) but otherwise my cake turned out quite nice for a beginner lah and made me childishly happy. The insides of my cake is bit ugly and too yellow though cos I just got store-bought butter cake from GIANT ha - no time to go and bake 2 cakes for 2 days of class.

Turned out that there were only 2 students in class - and with the guidance of our very patient instructor, I definitely picked up some simple but v useful cake creaming/ piping skills! :) Serious cake decor is so time-consuming though!

2 comments:

lazy weekend said...

chio! :)

Courtney said...

Your cake looks lovely!!