Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Today I turned 30 blissfully :)

Though I still have a long way to go in terms of -

a. figuring out my purpose/ calling in life
b. becoming (and remaining) optimistic, determined, focused, confident

and such...

I should also remind myself of and celebrate the countless blessings I've received in the past 3 decades of existence, such as -

a. having selfless, doting, caring parents and a nice sis
b. making wonderful friends along the way and managing to remain in touch with most
c. meeting D and getting married (seriously I was doubtful 5 years ago if I would ever marry)
d. and all the opportunities and other blessings in life I have received because of a, b and c and G.

and I guess many other cool things, but which my forgetful little mind fails to recall

On a more frivolous note - quite a few people asked me if I made my own birthday cake? To be honest I did think about making myself a most lovely 30th birthday cake - in girly pastel colours, with nice romantic ruffles/ rustic-look and all. And it would be the NICEST cake I've made so far. But in the end I couldn't bear washing loads of pans/ plates etc on my birthday/ birthday eve, and so the making of an elegant grand cake was shelved. But lucky me - D still got me a lovely little white chocolate yuzu cake for the occasion.

As for THE birthday cake- maybe I'd still try to do it tomorrow - when I am one day into being 30, and a little bit closer to the determined self I hope I will become :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Will try to reply to your email ASAP. You know, I've accepted that I don't have a "calling" in life. My purpose right now is just to keep busy, have a net-positive impact on the world - try to do the right thing, make the people around me happier rather than sadder.

I'm coming from a secular perspective and it's dorky but I'm going to quote Angel (the TV show): "Nothing we do matters. There's no grand plan, no big win... If there's no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'Cause that's all there is, what we do now, today... If there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world."

- YJ

Mints. said...

Don't say too early - maybe you'd find a "calling" later in life! :P But I agree that if there's no calling/ you have yet to find one, it's a good idea to keep busy and try to do something good for the world!

Haha why is it dorky to quote from the TV show...? Movies and TVs share great insights sometimes heh.