Saturday, September 06, 2003

attempted to make tiramisu for the freshman bbq tmr... for the first time. spent so much on ingredients i really feel poor now =( haha but i have no one to blame since i wanted to try it..... but screwed up a bit... hope it is still edible though. i bought coffee roast instead of coffee, and as a result i had to resort to using my instant nescafe coffee to 'wet' the cake.... aargh. quite silly of me... haha but had to improvise. then had no sieve and couldn't sprinkle the cocoa powder and so i think i put too much cocoa powder on the surface of the tiramisu.... and tried to make chocolate shavings off the chocolate bar and while i was doing that the chocolate was half melting in my hand and i had to give up... haha i sound so un-pro. but oh well.... this is the first time =P
my mum sent me a box today!! complete with a new pot, jay chou's new cd, stationery, bedsheets, bird's nest, instant mixes etc etc..... and she even sent me paper lanterns and candles.. was pretty surprised but yet touched by her thoughtfulness =) it's always nice to receive parcels and boxes from home... or rather, it's just nice to receive parcels and the 'excitement' of opening up and finding out what someone has sent always thrills me somehow.. =) miss the days when people still wrote letters to one another; the thoughtfulness and effort put in by the sender never fails to make my day...
i lost my cal photo id and class pass today!! =( quite sad... now i hav to pay 15 bucks for replacement of the card and 60 dollars for replacement of my class pass!! =( why on earth was i so careless..... sigh. hopefully some kind soul finds my card and returns it...

No comments: