Wednesday, September 10, 2003

was pleasantly surprised when i reached home and found 2 letters on my table... one was from ting! and the other one was from unicef... nice to read a chinese letter written by the chinese expert ting... =) and the unicef one was particularly pleasant as well because they sent me really nice labels with my name and add on it.... well they asked for donations (in return for printing labels for me i guess) but i willingly donated because I have always wanted to donate to UNICEF anyway.... well maybe it's not really right, for these charitable organizations to pressure people into making donations using such tactics, but think they are working for a good cause... and children should be entitled to happy childhoods and not hav to worry about survival and lack of health care, malnutrition etc... think childhood is sometimes the happiest times of our lives, precisely because we do not know that much yet and dun worry and live in a world of innocence..... today was also a somewhat nice day because other unexpected things happened too...... had a nice little conversation with shiying, as well as toot toot.....and shing left me a msg asking me to fly my tiramisu back to sg..... haha and crys left me a random msg telling me sars is back in sg.... such things certainly do not happen to me everyday. suddenly all the ppl i know decided to 'call on me' simultaneously... yup. so i really treasure my precious interactions with people today!! =) albeit ending up (again) not doing much work despite having lotsa time to do work..... always happens when i have my laptop on in front of me...

No comments: