Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Give me anything.... whatever...

If you've been watching TV recently (or just keeping your eyes open in general, since these ads are all over the place), you prob would have noticed the two silly telly ads on a new local product- Anything (carbonated soft drink in 6 flavors) & Whatever (6 non-carbonated types of tea). My mum has been getting rather irritated with these ads (You can watch them at their official website here) , and calls them "wu liao", but i guess the concept behind this product is somewhat interesting. According to the managing director of the company, he came up with this concept cos ppl always say they can have "anything" or "whatever" when asked what drinks they want. I think I can somewhat empathise with that. However, I tend to think that most ppl DO NOT really mean it when they say they can have anything/whatever. Like, they have these few drinks in mind, or these few beverages they always drink, but am prob not dying for anything in particular. Anyway, just for the novelty of it, my colleagues and I went to NTUC after lunch to get a few cans of these beverages (It's buy 5 get 1 free now at NTUC!) and I tried a Whatever. I believe I got White grape tea, but thought it tasted kinda bland. The can has very general ingredients (so as to keep under wraps the identity of the drink) but I was just curious... Doesn't like AVA require detailed nutritional info etc to be displayed on the can? Seems somewhat unSingaporean :) In any case, I think such unpredictability is a little too much for me. I do not like buying cans of things whose contents are a mystery... If I'm craving for something, I'll need to tikam (for a long time if I'm unlucky) before I can get the drink I want. Somewhat of a torture if you just want a familiar favourite drink eh.

No comments: