Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bad patch

A stressful this week and next week notwithstanding, I did a really silly thing tonight. Was too lazy to cut my nails despite having to perform the shimin's-nemesis-act of taking out my disposable contacts. So as usual, I was trying pretty hard to remove the lenses... After several attempts, got the right lens out fairly successfully. Phew. But the left one, no matter how hard I tried to open the left eye, there was still barely enough 'space' for my finger to get a good grip of the slippery lens. (I always wonder if ppl with big eyes have it easy) So in the end give up, dun care... use fingernails (though I knew i should'nt). In the end got it out... but then.. TO MY HORROR, I realised after getting it out that there was a hole in the middle of the lens. So I had torn the lens in the process of pinching it out, and the broken piece of lens was nowhere to be found. Aargh... then frantically like splashed lotsa water into left eye. Dunno out or not. Cannot feel it in eye, but what if it's just stuck at the other side of eye... Perhaps I'll just be both stressed and blind soon. :(

Conclusion: I still can't master art of wearing the elusive slippery disposable lens. Want to be vain also fail... better resign to fate of wearing specs.

No comments: