Saturday, August 04, 2007

This week I met a record no. of "new ppl"... particularly old acquaintances you used to know but have lost contact for a long long time. Actually I realised that I like meeting up with people and finding out how they are doing, just that I can be AS at times/ too un-energetic to keep going out. Ppl's appearances (nor characters) generally dun change that much... even after not seeing some ppl for a year or so, you realise that they are still pretty much like that... hehe. ok so vague, but yeah... Whenever we had occasional batch gatherings, I used to sometimes feel small in the midst of 'successful' Berkeley peers with high earning power/more high-profile jobs etc... used to be rather afraid of ppl's judging eyes... however, yest I found myself caring less about how well other ppl were doing. Was there really a need to measure one's self-worth against others? In a strange way, I felt like I was able to hold my head up high being the way I am... to be more discerning about things that really mattered to me...

No comments: