Monday, July 30, 2007

While on one hand I feel heartened to be given several new responsibilities recently, on the other hand I also feel secretly apprehensive cos many things are really new to me and I have no idea how to go about doing them. For responsibilities directly work-related, I am thankful to have a bunch of really helpful and supportive colleagues. As for more open-ended kinda responsibilites, at times really feel at loss with no one to turn to. It's like trying to swim in deep waters with this huge fear of drowning..! Naturally, there's some pressure to perform up to expectations and maybe I stress myself unnecessarily... I suppose at times like this I wished I were the sort with more ppl I could really talk to or confide in. In the absence of which... perhaps the next best thing to do is just do whatever you need to do and be more thick-skinned lah. Hmm what's the worst that can happen? I can't even really get fired.... :P

No comments: