Sunday, September 23, 2007

Part of appearing more professional and groomed also entails putting on light makeup on formal occasions. So I signed myself up for a basic makeup workshop by Ettusais to pick up some tips... Ok lah, maybe I shall admit that I'm growing vainer too. Anyway, really like the whole feel/packaging of Ettusais, cos it has such a cosy Frenchy feeling. It's actually a brand under Shiseido and thus Jap, and this perhaps also partly explains its pretty packaging (such as the cute girlish bag on the left that contained my door gift!) Even after my workshop today I doubt I'm skilled enough to apply make-up decently/ professionally for myself... but I suppose practice makes perfect. And you'll have to take a baby step somewhere! :) One interesting thing I discovered was the beauty of the eyelid. In that it has such an amazing mechanism... only when I had to try putting eyeshadow on the whole eyelid did it dawn upon me that the eyelid comprises so much 'skin'... cos usually it folds up so neatly and perfectly you never imagined there was so much to it... haha ok i am mad but yeah, felt like the session made me slightly more aware of my facial features, particularly the amazing eyelid.

On a related note, feel like Singapore is getting better and better for shopping; so many new brands/stores coming in. This is bad news for my pay packet... cos feel like everytime I go out I feel an urge to buy and buy and buy. And I end up spending, spending and spending. I'm turning into a shopaholic... :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ettusais in japan is cheaper. i saw it in the pharmacy in shinjuku train station, like loreal in walgreens like that. so another incentive to go japan! :)

-sy

Mints. said...

I see.... yeah I wanna go to Japan...! Will aim for next year. :)