Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mid this week, I was asked by CDD to do a write-up on my scholarship experience for a scholarship guide... and include a photo of myself. Write-up aside, the easiest thing was of course to find a decent picture... So that night, I ransacked my entire Berkeley photo collection, trying to find some decent picture of me alone not looking prematurely young or like fat. But quite sad, aside from my freshman year, pictures of myself in the 2nd/3rd year were all not too satisfactory (can tell put on weight)... Also noticed trend of more and more human-less, "self-less" pictures as time went on... Cannot help but feel worried... how come my pictures all no human touch these days... Have I grown more and more gu1 pi4 or what... Ok, the most recent ppl pictures I have that are also decent were those taken in Krabi.. but errr.... not exactly appropriate leh :)

Also started thinking about what I wanted to pen down. Started reminiscing about days in Berkeley... hai, it was one of the happiest periods of my life, really! Thinking about it made me miss it dearly. Then I reflected on my past one and a half year and my increasing complaints about little things here and there... To be fair, I have learnt a lot since I started work and I've been given more opportunities than normal new recruits by my bosses... Why do I seem to only notice the less pleasant things? Perhaps I need to change my mindset; no doubt everyone gets frustrated with irky things that crop up at work, but if you see things so negatively all the time, at the end of the day all you remb is how frustrated you were, cleanly forgetting about the useful things you too picked up along the way. Talking to ppl keeping afloat in worse situations also reminds me that tricky situations I face are but peanuts-- and at least I dun have to write huge stack of documents detailing exact procedures for a single exercise... like ppl do in the SAF :P

No comments: