Thursday, November 01, 2007

Though I've been doing quite a bit of admin/logistical stuff for this secretariat team I'm in... there are times where you get juicy bits of news first hand... which I guess is a tiny perk. Like, which ppl are nominated for what by who lah... etc etc. Then I this lowly small fry knows everything cos I collate everything haha. Ok, but then again some names remain 'just another name'... frequently names only become meaningful when you know who these ppl are; and given that i'm one barely 1.5-year-old staff out of some 4000-odd in HDB, actually quite a waste that such info was made available to me lah. hee. Digressing a bit, it's just like how a person is 'just another person' to you until you really get to know him/her well. Which totally reminds me of The Little Prince tale... how his rose was special, cos it was his rose that he watered; took care of blah blah.... Ok, back to my secretarial role-- I think it's unfortunate though that I am quite bad at multi-tasking. Having so many disruptive little things to do really makes me unable to concentrate on the real work I have to do... With my putting out fires everyday I end up accummulating more time bombs in my backyard...

No comments: