Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Langkawi (3) - Cable Car

The Langkawi Cable Car experience was somewhat scary ('cos you cruise right into the mountains and your continued existence depended 100% on the cable car system not failing you) but it was one of the highlights of my trip. You get really good view for 25 ringgit (15 if you're local), without having to really work for it (no sweat). Ok, maybe a bit of cold sweat :P Plus the chance to marvel at the enormity and beauty of the mountains around you. I thought this attraction was pretty underrated. Hehe, I've never heard of this before lah :P

We started out from the base station (the orangey buildings) and reached the middle station (that functioned as a lookout spot) about 5 min later. I was pretty overwhelmed by the view below me! We thought that was it, but no, there was another scary stretch bringing you across to the other tower cum suspended pedestrian bridge....

A cable car starting out from the middle station to the opposite peak... The station at the other tower reminded me of Hayao Miyazaki's Castle In the Sky. A more toned down, modern version :)

Taken from the 2nd tower while looking down at the middle station. I've never seen so many trees at any one time for a long, long while.

But of course, we had to return with some evidence of our 'conquest' :P

The suspended pedestrian bridge as seen from the tower. The engineers that built this are geniuses. You can literally walk through the fleeting clouds...

We slowly made our way down to the bridge... Picture taken from one end of the bridge.

You can look to your left....

Or look to your right... But you wun want to look down. I peeked a bit and my knees felt a little weak... Hee, but Ms Wong still complimented me for being somewhat brave haha.

Awesome view of surrounding mountain ranges awaiting at the end of the bridge. And you feel so insignificant in comparison. It's such a good spot to put things in perspective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I never knew there was so much more to Langkawi..

Mints. said...

I didn't either :) It was an unexpected but pleasant discovery.