Saturday, May 10, 2008

Langkawi (4)

When I returned from holiday, some ppl asked me whether I went snorkelling? Nope. Swimming? Nope. Sun-tanning? Ha, absolutely not. How come you didn't turn very dark? Er, cos I was kiasu and vain and applied a lot of SPF 50 sunblock? Ha everything cited above was just to illustrate ppl's expectations of an enjoyable 'beach holiday'.... But then this time round despite having not engaged in any of the 'typical beach activities' I still enjoyed my beach holiday... Doing v simple things like sitting at the beach, taking random photos, dipping your feet in the gentle waves by the beach & feeling the wind blow in your face while on a pretty rocky speedboat.

The "black beach" ycc recommended- The sand was pretty black (apparently due to mineral oxides) but there was still a sprinkling of normal sand. And when the waves came and receded pretty sand trails (like those above) were created. But aside from the black sand, this beach was rather dilapidated and somewhat disappointing...
Beras Basah Island -- The last destination on our Island Hopping tour. The beach was not too bad lah and waters pretty clear. But the weather was scorching.... Eventually we gave up walking abt and sat in the shade watching various human activities going on in the sea... including a circle of Chinese courting couples (presumably) creating quite a commotion in the sea... Actually we thought them really comical, with all the ladies piggybacking on the guys. Then weather so super hot... pity those guys... I also concluded after observing things going on in the sea (not just at this beach and certainly not intentionally) that it is a rather popular location for intimacy.
In comparison to the youths in the sea, thought this was a much wiser strategy! Chatting in the shade by the sea...

I really liked the shadows made by the leaves from this huge sap-dripping tree (so we thought)...

Just to end off my Langkawi posts with a picture of my good old chio (AND comfy) sandals :) I will keep dreaming about my next holiday from now till... dunno when. So 不争气 hor ;) I hope to be blogging about the autumn leaves in Japan next time.

No comments: