Monday, May 05, 2008

Though I just got back from a holiday (will resume my unfinished Langkawi posts in the next entry), I cannot wait to go on my next one... Gone case right. But forsee that the next one will be rather difficult to come by, despite having more than 20 days of leave for the rest of the year (Actually compared to most colleagues, that is already very little). What a sad state of affairs to have so much vacation leave and no luxury/ liberty to use them!! And dear J, I really really want to go to Japan late this year... Hai. But seems like I have prior 'engagements' that are likely to foil my travel plans. Nonetheless, I have made a resolution to go on more short getaways... And to try to get out of office by 7.30 pm everyday. Unfortunately on the first day of my resolution I overstayed by an hour. Aargh. I shall start again tmr.

I finally splurged on a new DSLR over the weekend... And I am now the proud owner of a powderful Canon 40D.... (while trying to ignore the fact that I also grew quite a bit poorer overnight) I dunno how to use it... YET. But hopefully by the end of the year I would be able to blog about having mastered some cool functions!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on becoming a proud SLR owner! looking forward to more brilliant pics from ya! =)

Mints. said...

hey I went to the shop you recommended... :)

Anonymous said...

haha.. good right? wun bruff u one.. =)

Anonymous said...

Dear mints,

So does this mean I should resign myself to you not coming to Japan this year? :(

- the J in Japan

Mints. said...

Their service was good :) But quite crowded...

J- Er no you should never resign yourself to anything :P I will still try to come. If not Aug, hopefully Sept/Oct... but if you're busy, I can er... entertain myself/go Daiso/provide free housekeeping services? :P

Anonymous said...

Haha ok...I would certainly welcome any housekeeping services you may want to provide...Kidding! ;P Please please please try to come in Aug...it would be so fun! Ok shall stop embarrassing myself in "public"...

Btw, I think all your photos are gorgeous, and am ashamed to show mine now :)

- J in Japan

Mints. said...

I also want to come in Aug. But seriously doubt i can. Will see how ok :) Hehe, this blog isn't that 'public' lah.

Now now... Rule No.1 was not to resign yourself to anything. Rule No. 2 is never to compare with other ppl... cos we all have our own merits :) I really do enjoy looking at your pictures! And for eg, I can jolly well say your blog posts are much more entertaining and enjoyable that I am too ashamed to blog now... But then I'm still thick-skinnedly blogging...

Anonymous said...

Haha! I'm also still thick-skinnedly showing my pics... :D And I enjoy reading your blog posts too!

Ya I seriously doubt anyone can come in August. But any time is still ok! :)

- J in Japan