Monday, May 19, 2008

A weekend of indulgence

Today marks the end of my very enjoyable and guiltily indulgent long weekend. But will try to make sure I spend less money next weekend.

Lunched with C at Japanese restaurant Tampopo at Liang Court after reading good reviews in the newspaper. This restaurant had received rave reviews for their ramen; and an online blogger recommended a certain 'black pig' pork cutlet. We thus tried these signature dishes; and they turned out to be pretty yummy! Today I shall try to be a pseudo food blogger...

C's miso ramen. I stole a bit of the soup, which was very flavorful... According to her, the noodles were very springy too.

The agedashi tofu we had as an appetizer. Though the tofu was very soft, I thought it was too pricey (at $6.80 for 3 pieces of tofu!) and not that worth it.

My 'black pig' tonkatsu... It was actually quite fatty but well fried and tasty. The menu even had a random picture of a black pig in some farm, with a one-liner to the effect of "Our pigs are not subject to stress"... For some weird reason, I had imagined (b4 coming to the restaurant) that the black pig pork cutlet would be black. Apparently only the skin is black... Hehe, the weird ideas I have in my head. It seems that pigs, like humans, dun thrive too well under stressful conditions either!

Though had to lug huge camera around all afternoon, I really got a kick taking pictures of my food, amateurish my attempts might be. I can totally understand why Chubby Hubby loves his job.

No comments: