Monday, June 16, 2008

Once in a blue moon, I chance upon really great late night weekend movies on Channel 8... And for some weird reason, they are usually Hong Kong shows with obscure titles... (another great but rather obscure Hong Kong movie was this 秋天的童话 starring a very young Chow Yun Fatt...) Anyway, back to my story... so this late night Hong Kong movie is titled 忘不了and starts off looking rather unpromising (when you get Cecilia Cheung and Loius Koo in opening few scenes, I cannot help but suspect that it's those feel-good, cheesy movies with good-looking ppl) But turned out to be a very very decent and touching movie. Surprisingly, Cecilia was really not just a pretty face in movie and acted really well... I've been wondering how/why some movies really 'touch' me? I figured a key reason is cos I can identify with the characters and feel what they are feeling... And when you are able to feel the same emotions, it's like you sort of go through the same emotional journey as the characters... And cos movies are usually highly drama (and unlike my typically unhappening life hehe), you get to experience these very out-of-world things... within a very short span of a few hours... And even when you see ppl screwing up their lives, you can still somewhat identify with them and like superimpose their experiences on your own, or vice versa... I suppose it doesnt work all the time, esp when you're in a cynical mood and say, just dun buy that ppl can fall so deeply in love... But hey, sometimes it feels good to be escapist right. Ok, I have hopelessly digressed from original intent to talk about movie... :P

Last Mon after sitting thru almost an entire day of meetings I told boss, it must be really tough to be a boss/ top management. The sheer effort of having to sit through meetings after meetings and concurrently appearing interested/engaged/intelligent is simply beyond me! I wonder how my bosses do it... (hee, though I have to qualify that some of them are quite human after all; esp those whose business is just to show face... a couple do drift off to dreamland for a while during the meeting :P)

No comments: