Thursday, July 24, 2008

The "pjt" I am working on has led me to work closely with one or two colleagues i haven't had that much contact with previously... and it has allowed the usually passive me to somewhat 'hit it off' with one colleague :) Like when talking abt work she would also share awww anecdotes abt her son with me; indeed my motherful unit has given me an advance peek into what mums think/feel/gush about. And funny as it might sound, it appears to me that for many, being a parent in turn brings out the 'child' in otherwise serious and cynical-ish adults :P

This morning tph and I also concluded that under this boss, we are always 'guilty until proven innocent'... I have finally deciphered why it's so stressful to work under him sometimes... it's because the default (when doubts arise) is always that we are in the wrong, unless we prove him otherwise. So even if you think you did everything nice nice already, the way certain clarifications are put forth makes the 'accused' extremely uncomfortable or feel bad about herself.

Today I also scored two black marks with boss... The first one: When questioned why I never included a certain enquiry number in my draft, I bluntly answered, erm... cos it never crossed my mind that I needed to put it in?? It's not like I was careless and left it out... it just didn't occur to me to include it :P (Afterthought: Though my answer prob didn't reflect too well on myself, it was really the truth mah and I suppose I didn't see the need to make up an excuse. Later on when I reflected, I also realised that my mind was stuck in writer-mode and not really reader/enquirer/information seeker-mode) Second work crime of the day was committed when during a site visit, I failed as a site OIC to enlighten boss on which block number was what on the site plan (block numbers were obscured by my coloring)... At that moment, I could sense that he was ready to pull my ear, just that he had excellent self-restraint and let me off.... :P Though I felt a little bad, deep down I was actually not that guilty, cos it's like who in the right mind would memorise position and number of the blocks on the site plan??

Die, who would guess that the guai1-looking me is becoming such a rebel at heart :P

No comments: