Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thanks to J, I have one Ponyo hanky and one hedgehog towel, all the way from Japan! And a cute, in-fashion flowery chiffon dress (which erm, I have to figure out how to carry off nicely ha) Apparently Ponyo on the Cliff is already showing there, together with movie-related merchandise.... When would it start showing here...? Though by virtue of being in ERU I am destined to be a tree in my next life (insider joke), perhaps it's time I started playing a greater part in saving trees by using hankies more often... It would be a great idea if I weren't such an absent-minded person who has tendency to leave behind personal belongings everywhere... :(

Aside from stuffing ourselves full with (yummy) desserts twice in one afternoon, we also caught a very entertaining local documentary -- Mad about English, basically about the English-learning 'craze' in China, focusing on Beijing residents picking up/brushing up their English for the Olympic Games... Not to be mean to the many earnest English learners featured, but the movie was really quite hilarious. My favorite character was 74-yr-old Jason, 'cos of his dedication to mastering the language despite his age... Chinese physician Mary comes in close second, just cos her way of pronunciation really tickles me :P Here's the trailer:


No comments: