Sunday, May 29, 2011

Last Fri was my director's last day at Hsg Div :( Though I'm not particularly close to him, he's a really sincere and nice person. And I have after all worked under him for close to 2 years... so it was somewhat awww... when J & I went to say goodbye to him before leaving office on Fri... Quite a few Hsg Div "alumni" also turned up for his farewell lunch on Tues... somewhat indicative of how long he has actually been around! My last day was finally firmed up last week too. It should have been this week; but have been asked to stay around for a little while more. But come 18 Jul, I shall resume status as HDB staff proper :)

Quite a bit of the weekend was spent doing research for upcoming trip. Also snipped off some 5 cm of some split ends/spoilt locks yesterday... and hairdresser tried to change my parting. I find changing parting a very troublesome business... perhaps cos I've stuck to mine for the longest time, so it's pretty annoying/awkward when a certain part of your hair cannot fall the way it has always been the past xxx years... Hai, I suppose as with all things, the resistance is great at first... but after you get over the initial painful few weeks, then things turn for the better! Hopefully I persevere in this change hair-parting business cos it will be for the better... Meanwhile i have also attempted to do the little poofy fringe that's somehow quite popular now... but just cannot pull it off glamly leh, so it's pretty sad :( I have this secondary fringe of stray hairs that's particularly annoying.. Alright I shall stop blabbering but bad hair is unfortunately a daily affliction for me :(

No comments: