Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nice places in SG!

We checked out the Artichoke cafe for brunch this weekend - their haloumi cheese and mushrooms plate was delicious! We also ordered some sausages with eggs and creamy semolina pudding but that ended up being too 'heavy' for our liking. Good food, but main courses and dessert were a little pricey :(

As their new sister bakery Overdoughs had just opened nearby, the pastry-fanatic in me cldn't help checking it out too. They sold more unconventional stuff like baklavas and cakes/ tarts not commonly found in local bakeries - I got myself a lemon and lavender cake bread thingy and a plum and rhubarb pie. While making my purchases I also cldn't help staring at the open kitchen, where one baker was doing some final touches to a tray of passionfruit meringue tarts. Somehow it's easy to feel envious of ppl who set up bakeries but when you have to do it yourself, it's another (tough) story!


After the brunch/ pastry stops I also stumbled upon a lovely shop at Bras Basah Complex! So I now have a new little cactus in my house (among other knick knacks I got) - D is right, I am such a stalker and hoarder of random little things.

1 comment:

sy said...

is that cat socrates? nice pics! making me hungry