Thursday, October 18, 2012

I finally baked something this morning, after a > one-month break! Was quite happy to find jappy (many of them were translated from Japanese to Chinese) baking recipe books - and I got a few at Eslite in Taipei. It takes a while trying to understand the ingredients in Chinese, but it's still easier than the Japanese ones. My stash of baking cookbooks is now more diversified, with several exciting Jappy/ Jap-influenced baking recipes to try!

So I tried out a simple recipe from one of my new recipe books this morning - green tea muffins with cream cheese filling. Back at Berk my fav muffin was the black bottom choc muffin at the Free Speech Cafe - these were extremely chocolatey muffins with very generous portions of cream cheese goodness (sinfulness?) tucked within. My green tea muffins are kinda similar - but a lot healthier cos I put less sugar and less cream cheese...

 
 Sneaking in the cream cheese in the middle... heh maybe there isn't so little cream cheese after all...

 Topped with almond flakes and ready to go into the oven!

 Nice and fluffy and un-deformed!

 Effort to create a 'zen-looking' food plate heh.

Stash of new cookbooks!

No comments: