Friday, June 27, 2003

today was a rollercoaster ride... haven't had such an interesting day for some time. went to class somewhat excited, but not really about my lectures but about what i could do after class... strange as it sounds i was looking forward to snipping off my locks, though after having grown my hair for nearly a year i have grown somewhat attached to my not so tidy long hair... but somehow thought it was time for a change... went to the hairdresser along solano to try out and i think i didn't make myself that clear about how i wnated my hair to be cut and the hairdresser had to make amendments at least twice. i wanted her to make my hair 'thinner', to 'shred' it a little cos my hair is so thick and i think she didn't quite get it so after some time she hinted that she had to serve other customers too.. haha felt quite guilty and hair didn't exactly turn out whatever i wanted but it's ok lah.. . for $14 i cannot be that picky. the most amusing thing was that when ziyang came to pick me up at the albany safeway he didn't realize that i cut my hair til after we walked around safeway for around 10 min and i was pretty amused. i thought it was somewhat obvious that my hair was much shorter ;P

did ziyang a misdeed and feel really guilty about it... scratched his beloved car while backing out of a parking lot and though he didn't scold me or anything i'm sure it must have been painful. now i think i better dun take my driving test, cos i seem to be incapable of judging distances accurately and i dun deserve to pass after all.

had an extremely enjoyable time cooking dinner at shiying's place just now... squish the chief cook prepared so many yummy and sophisticated dishes it put my past dishes to shame =P sad thing was the asam fish they cooked was contaminated with the non stick material from the lousy jcpenny pot and as a result we had to dump all the contents away. i didn't cook anything.. was the 'chopper of the day' .. but shiying and i baked chocolate cake and it was surprisingly successful.. discounting the fact that we used a cake mix.. our first try wasn't too bad =P and the funny thing was when we had to 'transport' all our dishes from shiyin'gs place to jacqui's place since we were preparing food for the household and jacqui's parents who were returning to sg tonight... i can never forget our hilarious 3 min ride in the car.... how chester got his tomyum (hmmm i cannot spell..) flavored berms and all the screaming in the car when we were driving up the slope and trying hard to prevent any food from the dishes we were holding from spillling out....
wonder if the rest of our summer will be like that? hope i will still have time for fun things like this in the midst of my weekly hw and readings.. =)

No comments: