Monday, June 23, 2003

school is starting tmr.... and i'll have to get up at 645 or something! =( went for my first church service ever this morning with ziyang sumei jacqui and her parents at their church and it was a pretty interesting experience. when i first stepped into the hall, the first thing that came into mind was somehow that everyone who attended were all pretty young; it was as if i entered a uni lecture hall! and everyone was singing christian songs really enthusiastically... after that came the message by a guest pastor and i thought his message was pretty inspiring and thought-provoking. i suppose why so many people turn up for services regularly is mainly because it allows us to reflect on ourselves... things that we have done, things that we should be doing etc... to learn to better appreciate life, the people around us.... however i am still somewhat unconvinced that 'God' plays a impt part in all these... in that whatever was taught to those present at the service seemed to be applicable to everyone and not just Christians.. i wonder if it is somehow through believing in 'God' that individuals actually have more faith and strength in going about overcoming difficulties, facing the challenges in life, because they believe that whatever happens, someone will be present to watch over them or to ensure that things dun go awry.. In viewing the church as a social group rather than a religious one, i think it is a very cosy and nice community; like how the church celebrated the birthday of one of their members today, thought that was really sweet.. i thought it a little interesting though that in the message something like 'u are most free when u hold on to nothing' or something to that effect, i cannot quite recall exactly.... was something similar to what i penned down in my last entry... guess it's kinda paradoxical, in that sometimes when u really like something or someone u want to hav it/him/her with u all the time but then there comes a point when u overdo it and it results in 'suffocation'... haha dunno what i am talking about.

was happily eating my instant noodles from my hotpot just now in the dining room when i heard some commotion in the doorway and to my 'horror' a party of at least six people, freshmen and seniors combined appeared at my doorstep. it so happens that they hav decided to embark on a house tour and our house happened to be one of their stops. haha good thing my room wasn't in a terrible mess yet else it would have been kinda embarrassing....i had better prepare myself for possible surprise visits else i will get mild heart attacks if large crowds of people suddenly appear at my doorstep =P decided to wash all my new clothes so did laundry just now but to my horror the forgetful me left a packet of tissue in one of my jeans pockets and as a result i now hav bits of tissue all over my clothes!! =( took 15 min to 'dust away' all the tissue bits onto the garage floor and had to use my vacuum cleaner to clear up the remnants of tissue... felt quite silly.... esp when this batch of clothes has my new clothes! =(
hope sch's fine tmr..... =)

No comments: