Sunday, February 03, 2008

My problem with FB...

One thing I absolutely detest abt FB is how some applications refuse to let you proceed to a more advanced level/ play around with more interesting features unless you invite XX number of friends. As a result, Facebookers will flood their friends with invitations to add this/that application... Maybe I dun understand the fine details of how things work and there are actually ways to get around this... but this 'requirement' really puts me off! Simply 'cos you have to bug your friends to be able to derive greater utilty/ enjoyment from the application... Else having that application is quite fei4. And I hate doing it 'cos it requires too much 'pro-activeness' for the AS me. And sometimes you invite ppl not really 'cos you want your friends to have the application; but cos you want to find out what this application is capable of and you can't find out unless you invite XXX friends. Like so insincere.

Hee... actually I also dun like how sometimes ppl find you and add you when you scarcely know them. Then like you add all these random ppl as your friends, when in actual fact maybe only like 1/3 of your friends on FB are your friend-friends... In short, these kinda social networking sites not too appealing to AS ppl like me :P (Very mao dun right, then why i still join? Why i dun quit? I guess there's still a tiny KPO streak in me that wants to know what's going on with ppl I know)

That said, I have to say that some applications are pretty cool. Esp those that dun entail these inviting here and there. All the AS-friendly ones lah. Such as the Traveller IQ Challenge thingy.. can just keep playing and playing on my own. But realised my geography really v lousy... haha. Ppl who come up with all these applications can get so creative!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the traveller IQ app too! :D trying to get beyond level 10, but my geog knowledge of africa is quite lousy! heh. practice makes perfect.
- faith

Mints. said...

Hehe, i know someone at level 11!! I only at level 6... yeah will practise maybe over CNY :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely HATE those FB apps that make you invite like 20 ppl to continue!!

But the ultimate one that I kena was this - they make u do the quiz and rubbish, and then after you're done with the 30 questions, they say "Invite 20 friends in order to see your results"!!!

Mints. said...

I was a victim of something similar too. But least I didn't have to go through 30 questions... ;)It just makes me wonder why there's such a feature. There must be some benefit involved in 'propagating' your application huh... Maybe application owners/ creators earn more money with more active users?