Saturday, August 11, 2012

A morning out at Gardens by the Bay

I initiated a family outing with parents and sis to Gardens by the Bay yesterday morning.  Having spent quite little time with them in the past few months, I really wanted to be a bit more 'present'. It's nice really that I now have a bit more time to do so.. :)

We chose the wrong day to go lah - I guess it's sch holiday for many kids (day after National Day) and the place was swarmed even though we reached around 10+. After like a 30 min+ wait to buy tickets, we finally entered the 2 conservatories and entered a whole new world of flowers and plants we wld otherwise not be able to see in SG. The Flower Dome was nice, but I was more impressed by the other dome "Cloud Forest" with this huge 7-storey structure covered by all kinds of climbers and shrubs on the exterior. It felt quite out of this world when I was first greeted by the huge waterfall at the entrance..

View from the flower dome - with the Singapore Flyer and city skyline in the background!
Below: Some very pretty and exotic flowers in the Flower Dome





THIS was one of the weirdest plants I found in the Flower Dome - the woolly cactus with funny brown fur growing out from the 'crown'... eeks.

The majestic-looking Cloud Forest structure! 

The rest of the weekend shall be spent nuah-ing around, as I have tried to pack too many things into my week and I actually feel slightly exhausted despite not working.. A few hrs was thus blissfully and brainlessly spent in front of the TV this evening to 'recuperate' a little; I plan to be equally chill tmr and we're gg to go have a nice morning brunch! Really haven't felt so 'light' and carefree in a while! :)

No comments: