Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Wonders of 3D printing and a lovely book trailer

I came across 2 interesting videos this morning while surfing online - one on 3D printing and another of a book on the topic of happiness.

I've come across several 3D printing videos/ articles during the course of work; but I've mostly seen it used for manufacturing factory parts, home-produced toys and stuff. The vastly improved quality of life that this 3D printed prosthetic arms/ device brings to little Emma here in the video is quite amazing and touching:



I also saw a book 'review' with a very cute animated book trailer. I wish I can draw and sketch like these people - actually our v own Civil Service College is also gradually having a couple of courses on visual facilitation. I've gone for one taught by a civil servant who had the privilege to take one of these classes when The Grove experts came to SG - but it's quite hard to 'get it' if you're not already that talented at sketching/ drawing...



No comments: