Thursday, August 09, 2012

This week's creations!

I am 'settling well' into my state of joblessness and getting more housewifey :P Baked some cranberry and white chocolate cookies on Mon afternoon; and blueberry cheesecake yesterday afternoon. Am getting quite interested in food styling, and have started to amass a mini collection of various knick knacks that can further enhance my food shots. And thankfully it's National Day today; so I was able to share my baked treats with my family - the cookies have been devoured over the past few days and I am now down to 2 pieces of cheesecake in the fridge :)


The cheesecake (with a thin layer of baked sour cream finish) wasn't supposed to be this shallow - but a few cm wider cake pan led to quite a significant fall in height. Well it turned out looking like a cheesecake pie, but actually not too bad lah, it's now slightly healthier with less cheese per slice of cake :P


Cooking is something I am somewhat capable of but enjoy less and prob will never be v good at - because I don't quite fancy the food preparation part, which can be quite stinky or 'gooey'... like getting rid of fats, ending up with garlic-smelling fingers etc. But we had some leftover cheese sausage from the weekend, so I threw together a 'chapalang' pasta with mushroms, grape tomatoes, asparagus and sausage for yesterday's dinner  :) 

No comments: